The countdown to February 14th is on, but there’s still plenty of time to prepare a special day for your loved ones, friends and family.
- Ditch the roses and gift a dozen tasty bagels instead. Now that’s love!
- Serve up breakfast in bed. We have all the right ingredients for a sweet or savoury gourmet spread – lox, cream cheese, capers, fresh squeezed OJ, cinnamon puffs, cheese bagels, croissants, Michaelsdolce Jam, or a mug of our signature coffee.
- Satisfy your partner’s sweet tooth with some cakes and pastries from Toronto’s Dufflet’s Pastries. Gluten-free and Kosher options available.
- Cater a Valentine’s Day tea with friends. Our recommendation? The deluxe dessert platter.
- Cuddle up in front of the fire with a box of local artisnal chocolates by Degas, Rochef, Olivia, Hummingbird, or Camino for a romantic night in.
- Surprise that special someone with a custom sweet treats gift basket, delivered straight to their doorstep.
- We carry a variety of caviars, including Canada’s Acadian Sturgeon caviar, known for its aphrodisiac powers.
- Or, take your date directly to the source. Visit your neighbourhood Bagelshop for a specialty coffee, or toast to the occasion with a glass of wine.
Romance. We’ve got you covered.
February Bagel of the Month: Sesame
Sesame seeds come from the flowering sesame plant (Sesamum indicum), which is native to sub-Saharan Africa. These seeds have a rich, nutty flavour, making them a particularly delicious topping.
One of the original varieties of bagels brought over from the famed St. Viateur Bagel in Montreal, our sesame bagels are the real deal. They’re made with our classic dough – flour, malt flour, sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, yeast and honey – and are covered in sesame seeds. As always, our bagels never contain additives or preservatives.